If you are interested getting in shape on the go, these tools are sure to assist you in a hotel workout. Add them to your packing list and enjoy a hotel workout during your next trip.
- Activity Tracker– Since most road warriors do a lot of sitting (car, plane, meetings, etc). Activity trackers are very useful to provide reminders to get some exercise. This article will help you figure out which one is right for you. Starting at 47.99
- Resistance Bands and Tubes– Resistance bands can be easily folded up to take up less space than a sock in your carry on. Resistance tubes take up slightly more space due to the handles but provide a full body workout. Check out 33 resistance band exercises you can do anywhere. Starting at $3.50.
- Swimming Suit– If you are not a fan of the gym, hop in the pool and swim some laps. If you are not a great swimmer check out the travel size AquaJogger which will help you remain more buoyant and provide a great no impact workout.
- TRX Suspension Training Straps– Designed to deliver a full-body workout from the comforts of your home or on the go, this lightweight, portable training system has the accessories you need for an effective workout using just your body weight. The TRX Kit takes up minimal space in your luggage and ensures a full-body workout in your hotel room. TRX $179.99
- Beach Body DVD Series–You can pack any workout DVD, but the reason Beach Body DVDs are great is because of the versatility. There is a series for everyone ranging from PiYo (Pilates/Yoga blend) to Insanity (intense plyos). Beach Body DVDs also include a measuring tape, workout calendar and basic meal plan. Starting at $59.85.
- Mini Foam Roller– Did you know foam rollers can be used for exercise as well as muscle therapy? Try this one which is only 13” long, weighs 1.5 pounds and includes a workout DVD. Here are 7 foam roller exercises to try. Travel size foam rollers starting at $34.99.
- Jump Rope– A jump rope takes up minimal space in your luggage and you can burn 10 calories per minute jump roping. This jump rope even has two different ropes you can swap out with different weight for more of a challenge. Starting at $10.00.
- Headphones– Whether you are going for a walk, run, or hitting the hotel gym, headphones are a must to ensure you have the music to power you through your exercise. You can find headphones as cheap as $10.99 on Amazon or check out these higher end, dual purpose headphones.
- Grip Socks– Now you don’t even need a yoga mat to do yoga on the go. These socks will prevent you from sliding around during your workout. Non-Slip Grip Yoga Socks $12.99.
- Travel Size Scale or Measuring Tape- Track you progress by weighing in or measuring yourself. Research indicates regular weigh-ins (at least once every 5 days) is crucial to maintain weight loss. This travel size bathroom scale will help you monitor your weight, and it only weighs 1.25 pounds. Travel Scale $19.00 or Measuring tapes starting at $4.99.
Business Travel Life
Business Travel Life is an online resource supporting the road warrior lifestyle. We give business travelers the tools they need to maintain their wellness and productivity when traveling. The topics we cover include business travel tips, travel workouts, healthy travel hacks, travel products, general travel tips, and industry trends. Our goal is to make business travel a healthier experience – and to make healthy travel practices more accessible to all road warriors.