Travel hacks and tips for your trip.
Before you plan your next trip, check out these 27 useful travel hacks.
Save money when you book:
- Travel on a Tuesday or Wednesday or weekend to find the lowest fare.
- Save money on flights by deleting browser cookies before you book.
- Try Airbnb for lower cost lodging.
- Check out hostels-they may be fancier than you expect!
- Buy travel insurance during your booking process to receive the most benefits from the policy.
Before you leave:
- Notify your credit card companies that you will be traveling.
- Suspend monthly memberships if you will be traveling for an extended period of time.
- Update your cell phone package for international service if you are leaving the country.
- Pack a surge protector.
- Pack an extra USB to charge electronic devices.
- Pack an HDMI cable to connect your tablet to the TV in your room.
- Roll clothes instead of folding.
- Pack socks, underwear or electronics in your shoes.
- If you plan to check your bag, pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on luggage.
At the airport:
- Pack a reusable water bottle.
- Make your luggage easier to find by adding some bling to it (like a ribbon).
- Always carry an extra pen to fill out arrival forms.
On the ground:
- Use local ATMs for the best exchange rate.
- Buy a local mobile SIM for data and/or calls.
- Use review apps like Yelp and TripAdvisor to find great meals.
- Download offline maps from Google Maps or MapMe.
- Use a reliable transportation service like Uber.
Before you head home:
- Request a late checkout if you have a later flight.
- Double check your flight information before heading to the airport.
- Don’t cry because it is over, start planning your next trip!
This infographic was created by Fast Cover Travel Insurance.
Business Travel Life
Business Travel Life is an online resource supporting the road warrior lifestyle. We give business travelers the tools they need to maintain their wellness and productivity when traveling. The topics we cover include business travel tips, travel workouts, healthy travel hacks, travel products, general travel tips, and industry trends. Our goal is to make business travel a healthier experience – and to make healthy travel practices more accessible to all road warriors.